bob彩票vip投注谁前来UCSF医疗中心和UCSF贝尼奥夫儿童医院旧金山护理病人常有重叠的漏洞 - 金融，心理和地理。 UCSF stretches its scarce resources by leveraging access to discounted outpatient drugs and savings generated from our 340B program to support these areas of need, particularly uncompensated care for our pediatric and cancer patients.
对于会计年度2018年，加州大学旧金山分校医学中心和UCSF贝尼奥夫儿童医院旧金山实现了从340B节省费用300万$ 125 These savings allowed UCSF to support its critical mission without regard to patients' severity of illness, level of income, or area of residence. In general, the 340B program savings provide significant support for our hospitals to:
- 千与挑战生命的医疗条件，如癌症，器官功能衰竭，遗传性疾病，心脏缺陷和癫痫患儿提供专业的护理。 Roughly half of these children are covered by Medicaid.
- 来自北加州的一个偏远地区10岁女孩被确诊为重症溃疡性结肠炎。 Despite their best efforts, her family was unable to find a provider in their community who would accept their insurance because it didn't adequately reimburse for the infusions she needed. The 340B savings allowed UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital to absorb the financial losses associated with the bi-monthly infusions required to control her disease. The outcome is a 10-year-old who excels academically and participates in soccer after school.
- 一名21岁的学生在当地一所大学被确诊为急性白血病。 The medical team determined his best course of treatment was an expensive, non-formulary oral drug. Despite UCSF Medical Center assisting him to sign up for Medicaid, his plan did not initially cover the drug. However, access to 340B pricing and savings generated from participating in the program enabled UCSF Medical Center to cover the cost of his first month of therapy. This allowed him to begin healing while appealing, and he ultimately received ongoing coverage for this therapy. Without 340B savings, this talented young man would likely have first received, and failed, an inferior therapy before being allowed to use the more effective drug.
- 一个小男孩患有白血病有以下常规治疗和骨髓移植的20％的缓解率。 A new therapy that costs approximately $400,000 per course of treatment was available, but the child’s insurance did not cover this expensive therapy and the child’s parents were unable to pay for it. UCSF again absorbed the expenses associated with this therapy. The expected outcome is an 80 percent remission rate of the child's cancer. UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital could not have afforded to proceed with this new treatment without the savings realized from the 340B program.
- UCSF贝尼奥夫儿童医院也提供照顾许多谁很难找到足够的关爱在他们的社区严重或罕见疾病低收入患者。bob彩票vip投注 UCSF Medical Center pioneered fetal surgery to help repair the spinal cord defects associated with spina bifida. Children who undergo the surgery are significantly more likely to walk independently and have better motor function than those who don't, without the medical and public health costs historically associated with these birth defects. This treatment is not available in most communities and pregnant women come from all over the West Coast for treatment at BCHSF. 340B savings enable UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital to provide financial assistance to these patients.
- 340B储蓄也让UCSF医疗中心，为弱势患者群体提供重要的医疗服务更加贴近自己的家园。 UCSF Medical Center has a very large solid organ transplant program that includes kidney and liver transplants. Our patients from California’s Central Valley must make the four-hour drive to UCSF Medical Center for their transplants. To improve outcomes, UCSF Medical Center now provides pre- and post-transplant care to these patients in Fresno. Sending our clinicians to Fresno enables close follow-up for patients who reside in that medically underserved area. 340B savings again make it possible to stretch our dollars, help absorb the costs of this service and provide improved outcomes for patients.
在UCSF医疗中心，我们坚定地致力于我们的任务关心，医治，教导和发现。 Our mission is central to everything we do. In the face of declining reimbursements over the past years, UCSF Medical Center has resisted reducing mission-critical services and has instead utilized funding from the 340B program to expand these services.